Monday, July 15, 2013

Alabama Summer = Water Fun!


Everyone who lives in the deep south knows that you can't play outside in the summer unless there is some water involved. It is waaaaay too hot! (Although temperatures have been strangely mild this summer.) So, this past week we had fun with one of Isaac's new birthday presents. (Thanks, Grams and Granddad!) This water table has been a huge hit with the boys. We've already spent many hours playing with it. Not only is it fun, but something about the combination of water and sun wears children out! We've had some GREAT naps and earlier bedtimes. :)

PLEASE take note of the excitement on Isaac's face!


When you're thirsty, just take you a little drink off the water table. 




After all that water fun at home, we got to have some great water excitement this weekend. We went to Fayette on Saturday evening to visit Anna Katherine (my sister) and family for a fun time at the new aquatic center in town. Their church rented the whole place for the evening and invited their members and family and friends to come enjoy some water fellowship! The kids had so much fun! And the adults did too!

Isaac, cousin Ella Grace, and Andrew could hardly be bothered for this picture!

Daddy and Uncle Blake took the 3 toddlers down this huge slide multiple times! They loved it and thought they were so brave!

This is the worn out look that I referenced earlier! Isaac was so tired.


You knew he was tired because he was snuggling with me! Well, that and cold. :)

I especially enjoyed getting to "show off" our little miracle, Benjamin, to some of his prayer warriors from Calvary Baptist. We will forever be grateful for friends and brothers and sisters in Christ who lifted up our baby boy during his hardest times. It was so great to have him there with us, happy and healthy! Praise the Lord!

This is how Benjamin enjoyed the water park. :)




We ended the night with a little more water. I think all of our fingers and toes were wrinkled like raisins. The cousins enjoyed a fun bath together before we went home!

Too tired to even give me a good smile!


And what kind of aunt would I be if I didn't show a picture of the whole crew?

I sure do love these babies!

But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life. ~ John 4:14





2 comments:

  1. Love the blog post. I love that you started a blog and now I can keep with you even better. Keep up the great work. Love the pictures of all of my little red headed boys.

    ReplyDelete