Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Catch Up!

Well, I'm realizing that I don't have as much time to sit down and blog as I thought I might. (I wonder what could be keeping me busy? :) ) SO, the boys are asleep (for now) and I am going to jot out a little catch up of last week/weekend. Yes, I know this is Tuesday! I am trying to keep in mind that this blog is mainly to remember things about my family's everyday life, so if I'm not super punctual, it won't matter in the end when I'm looking back!

I have to start out with a scary story. Last Tuesday my mom and I were super brave and tried to get back into our weekly Tuesday grocery/coupon shopping trip. This was hard enough with two small boys, and now we are adding a newborn into the mix. Whew. Anyway, as is our usual, we took the kids to McDonald's for lunch. It's a great way to blow off all that energy that's been building up in the grocery cart! When Happy Meals were consumed (well, mostly), we told the kids to go play. They ran to the play area, which was literally a couple of steps from our table. We could see the whole play place. Mom and I returned to conversation and within about 30 seconds she said she was going to get a refill for her drink. She came back to the table holding a crying Isaac with a terrified look on her face. Isaac had not gone to the play place.We only assumed he ran and climbed into the equipment where we couldn't see him. He had actually run out the door into the main dining area, THEN out the door of the restaurant! He was standing outside the door BY THE DRIVE THRU, crying because he couldn't open the door to get back in. Now, I realize he could have only possibly been out there a few seconds, but things could have go sooooo differently. He could have run straight into oncoming traffic, could have gotten lost, could have been taken, and the list goes on. I can't tell you how the realization of that felt. I seriously felt like the worst mother in the world. So, all that horrible story to say this: NEVER take your eyes off your children for a second! I considered myself watching them, but obviously wasn't watching close enough. Thank you, Jesus, for protecting my child when I failed. (Sidenote: Anyone reading from around here has heard about the child being left in the hot car in Birmingham last week for 3 hours and not making it. I just have to say that I can't believe people are so judgmental of this mother. ALL of us make mistakes, we are just blessed that they happen to not have turned out the way her mistake did. I especially realized this last Tuesday. I pray for this poor family.)

On with the rest of the (less scary) week! On Wednesday nights I have finally returned to choir practice, with Benjamin in tow! I'll have to take a picture of our setup tomorrow night :) Each of the other boys came with me when they were tiny and they have all enjoyed it!

We had a super happy day on Friday because my sister, known to her nieces and nephews as Emmy, came home for a visit! She lives and works in Georgia and we miss her around here! We spent the afternoon/evening with all of my family and some friends; visiting, breaking out the slip and slide, going to a kids consignment store, and eating. Although each get together is so much fun, it's a different fun when you have 6 children ages 3 and under at your party! We had a 3 year old, two 2 year olds, an 8 month old, 6 month old (family friend), and 4 month old! Not much "down time". :) I could post some really cute pictures here, but that would involve getting my camera and uploading them, which defeats the purpose of this "quick recap" (that's far too long already). 

Saturday, Brad and I took the 3 kiddos in the stroller and wagon around our neighborhood to meet some neighbors. We had a church outreach that morning to just let the community know that we are here for them and to ask for prayer needs. Let me tell you, 3 cute kiddos are real ice breakers when you are going door to door! I recommend it! That night we went out to Brad's parents' house for swimming and supper. We had a wonderful time, as always. We are so blessed to live near our families and to get to see them often. 

Sunday was church day! Always busy, always good! We love Sundays!

Monday and today the boys and I have stayed home and cleaned, played, and done piles of laundry. They are actually pretty good little laundry helpers! We had a scare this morning when Isaac woke up and threw up twice. He NEVER throws up. There is a virus going around and some of our friends have had it. Yikes! However, since then he has seemed ok and not had anymore "spit up", as Andrew called it. I'm praying it was nothing and we can avoid any sickness around here! It would be terrible if Benjamin got anything. 

Well, if you've lasted this long, you are truly my friend! Ha! I'll try to be better about posting more often, and with shorter posts! Not to mention pictures! (Bad blogger.) Thanks for reading!

For he shall give his angels charge over thee, to keep thee in all thy ways. ~ Psalms 91:11

No comments:

Post a Comment